Here at the Player Lair we play and test games daily both in-person and online. We think a game can and should become the best possible version of the great idea you envisioned when you first dreamed it up! We do our best to make that happen!
Through playtesting dozens of games, we have learned what to look for in games and to find out what makes a game shine and how to mitigate the drawbacks.
We will cater our skills to your specific game and give you a fresh look at how your game comes across, along with possible ways to improve the gaming experience!
Here are some of the things we look for:
- Replayability – Is your game capable of producing amazing moments, time and time again?
- Rules and ease of play – Is there any way the game can become as simple as possible to learn, while still having those impactful and unique decisions?
- Uniqueness – Whether you want to publish the game yourself or pitch it to a publisher, it is extremely important to understand what your game will be up against. We can help you find out about those games and discover what makes your game stand out!
- Gameplay Debugging – Are there moments you want to work, but are not quite there yet?
- Optimization – Are there things that could be better in the game including components, playtime, player count, variants, graphic design and rules?
What you can expect from us:
- The Perfect Playtesting Group – Our groups include a multicultural mix of both industry specialists and board game newcomers, so we can get the perspectives of both experienced and new players
- Detailed Feedback – We create in-depth reviews of the session, which focus on strong and weak points throughout the play experience
- Video of Session – We will provide videos of the sessions, from the rules explanation to the end of the game, so you can see for yourself how the test went
Get in touch by filling out the contact form or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s create great games together!
DISCLAIMER: Playtests in person may not always be possible due to the global pandemic